Testing your soil with a pH meter is a good idea, especially if you are starting a new garden or wondering why your plants aren't growing as well as they should and maybe are showing signs of a nutrient deficiency. The results you get will show you if your soil is unbalanced.
This soil testing kit is a good one, used by many gardeners, farmers and is also a favorite for hydroponic growers. So it has to be as accurate as possible and deliver the results to help you!
The pH level is a measure of acidity that is represented by a value between 0 and 14. Acidic soil has a pH value below 7.0 and alkaline soil has a value above 7.0. Different plants thrive in different soil conditions, and because soil provides many of the nutrients and minerals that plants need, getting the right pH level is important otherwise your plants will struggle to grow.
Testing for moisture in your soil is also extremely handy and will give you answer as to if your garden needs watering or is possibly waterlogged.
The light meter will analyse the daytime light, so you can see which plants to plant in full sun, and which plant to plant that prefer shadier spots.
Remember that it usually takes around 3 months for soils to settle to normal after you have added lime (to raise the pH), sulphur (to lower the pH), or any fertilizer and compost. It is worth re-testing by your soil testing kit every few months to get a long-term accurate reading.
- 3 functions in one compact meter-measure the moisture and pH content of the soil and the environmental light.
- Scientifically accurate.
- No need for batteries.
- Easy-to-read scale indicator.
- Incredibly simple to use - just stick it in the soil! Make sure you go down to the roots, and always clean well after use.
- Works with large gardens, commercial plots, and house and garden plants.
- Detector shape: Needle (1pc Copper needle, 1pc Silver needle)
- Working temperature: 5℃-50℃
- Product size: approx. 285*50*30mm/11.22*1.96*1.18''
- Needle length: approx. 210mm/8.26''
- Package size: approx. 330*100*36mm/12.99*3.93*1.41''
- Weight: approx. 57g
Whether you're a weekend gardener, or a serious provider of vegetables for your family, get yourself a soil testing kit and save a lot of angst.
Makes a welcome gift too!
As always, FREE shipping
Click to purchase yours now.